A Corporate Secretary is a person who appears to have the requisite knowledge and experience to discharge the functions of the secretary of the company.
Under Section 171 of Singapore Companies Act Charter 50, all companies incorporated in Singapore are required to appoint a corporate secretary within 6 months of date of incorporation. If you are the sole director in the company, you cannot be appointed as the secretary of the company. Another individual has to be your company’s corporate secretary. All corporate secretary must comply with Section 171 (1AA). An additional requirement is needed for Corporate Secretary of public companies, fulfilling at least one of the following:
- Been a secretary of a company for at least 3 of the 5 years immediately before his appointment as secretary of the public company.
- Qualified person under the Legal Profession Act (Cap. 161).
- Public accountant registered under the Accountants Act (Cap. 2).
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore.
- Member of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
- Member of the Association of International Accountants (Singapore Branch)
- Member of the Institute of Company Accountants, Singapore.
Quals provides qualified and experienced corporate secretary who will help you deal with the complex and tedious paperwork.
What are your benefits?
Up to date with Company Law
Corporate Secretaries are regularly updated on any changes in the Company Law to ensure that your company is fully compliant to the Companies Act.
Experienced Corporate Secretaries
Quals Corporate Secretaries have vast experience in the field for many years. Systems and Standards have been put in place to simplify administrative tasks for a more efficient service.
In the unlikely situation that the company fails to comply with the law, Corporate secretaries are held liable by law.
Annually, there are a set of tasks that is required to be completed by the company such as having an Annual General Meeting. Quals Corporate Secretaries will ensure that such requirements are met and lodge the required information to the Company Registrar for update and approval purposes.