Corporate Secretarial Services
A Corporate Secretary is a person who appears to have the requisite knowledge and experience to discharge the functions of the secretary of the company.
Under Section 171 of Singapore Companies Act Charter 50, all companies incorporated in Singapore are required to appoint a corporate secretary within 6 months of date of incorporation. If you are the sole director in the company, you cannot be appointed as the secretary of the company. Another individual has to be your company’s corporate secretary. All corporate secretary must comply with Section 171 (1AA). An additional requirement is needed for Corporate Secretary of public companies, fulfilling at least one of the following:
- Been a secretary of a company for at least 3 of the 5 years immediately before his appointment as secretary of the public company.
- Qualified person under the Legal Profession Act (Cap. 161).
- Public accountant registered under the Accountants Act (Cap. 2).
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore.
- Member of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
- Member of the Association of International Accountants (Singapore Branch).
- Member of the Institute of Company Accountants, Singapore.